Jul 18, 2010

An inspiration




Sometimes you need an inspiration to get moving again...whether it is back to physical activity, painting, singing, or in my case blogging. I got that this weekend when I walked a while with Emily Forrest who is walking the seacoast of Nova Scotia this weekend. Did I mention it is hot in CB this weekend? Swelteringly, blisteringly, excruciatingly hot! And did I mention I hate the heat? So it is not the kind of weather I usually walk in the afternoon, but yesterdayI did just that. And enjoyed myself!(Although I was so sweaty , I am sure no one else enjoyed mine until I hit the shower!) I met up with Emily in New Victoria and we walked into New Waterford. The Summer staff of the East district has set up a shade shelter for her with fruit and water for the folks who could join us. I walked some of the way with a couple of young people from Halifax who were experiencing Coal Dust Days for the first time and who will see Emily on the Halifax commons August 8 th for her return to her home town. Then Vicki , the staff person who accompanied us , led us through the town with lots of info, then around the coastline through the #14 pit yard ( I think I have the # correct) and then on past the new windmill farm. Talk about learning about progression first hand.


After I left them in the heat to visit the dentist( Not so much fun) ,I got back to New Victoria where it felt so cool ;then I read the thermometer and it read 31 degrees. I wonder what is was on the windmill loop?

So look for your inspiration...Thanks to Emily for reminding me of the beauty in my own backyard, and for following her coastline dream...Now you go out and find yours!

To read more about Emily visit her facebook page,http://www.facebook.com/pages/FORREST-WALKABOUT/226171773121#!/pages/FORREST-WALKABOUT/226171773121?v=wall

or

http://www.capebretonpost.com/News/Local/2010-07-16/article-1579252/Walker-welcomed-with-kindness/1

(That's where this great picture of Emily was found!)

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment