Jan 28, 2009

Well, who would have thought -10 degrees Celsius was warm? Only those of us who have been fighting wind chills of -29. It is indeed a challenge to stay motivated. I don’t have the coordinating hats that some of my friends do. In fact you’d see a decided grandkid influence in my wardrobe. The warmest mittens paired with the biggest scarf, wrapped around my old purple down jacket…and so on. The other thing we can take from the grandkids is the sheer joy of the day. One of my little darlings actually complained that there was sand down on the ice in the driveway. It ruined her ability to go skating! So she had to go over to the tobogganing hill. And there’s a great way to get some steps in…hauling the sled up the hill! And the view I see from the top of the hill is this:


And I must confess that I actually regretted having to go to work today because I was missing some great snowshoeing with the snow shoe group led by Micheline out at Ski Ben Eoin. From memory, I can guarantee the view from the top is spectacular. On a clear day ( today) you’d be able to see all the way down the Bras D’or Lakes. But next Wed am at 10am I'll be there with bells on...or at least my snow shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment