Jun 19, 2009

Scenic Main a Dieu


I had the pleasure not long ago to combine two of my favorite things ... Library visit and walking. What more could you ask for? Well I got it. I was privileged to walk with some of the Main a Dieu folks who were and are responsible for the fabulous Main A Dieu Coastal Discovery centre(You can find out more at wwww.coastaldiscoverycentre.ca ).We went for a talk and walk on the first warm CB day, and while it was warm and sunny in Sydney, it was sunny in Main a Dieu and I was glad to have my sunhat to keep my head warm. But I could feel the warmth of the sun on my face while we walked down the beach around the boardwalk. All the sunshine makes the solar panels on the front of the building an understandable renovation. All along the boardwalk, there are look off nooks to see wild vegetation and to gaze out into the deep blue water. I can't think of anything more inviting than this beach on a July day. Then you could spend the day swimming, picnicking, poking around the local C@P site ( where you could borrow a walkabout pedometer) , touring the museum, and finishing up by borrowing a book from the library on site,. If you forget your picnic lunch, you could pop into the restaurant where the fish chowder makes the visit memorable in its own right.
And if you go down to the end of the Harbor, Moque Head Trail is an easy hour walk.


By the way, my goal this summer is to hit all of the CB groups who are walking for Walkabout and join them at least once. Let me know where you are and I'll come along for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment